***NOTE: The abstract submission deadline has now passed.***
We invite abstracts for papers from researchers and practitioners from a broad range of disciplines, including, but not limited to, landscape architecture, architecture, urban design, planning, economics, geography, sociology, anthropology, and environmental aesthetics. We expect papers and presentations on topics covering urban morphology, open space planning and design, green infrastructure and sustainability, socio-economic drivers and solutions, political and regulatory factors and mechanisms, perception and aesthetic appreciation, case studies and design propositions, and more. We welcome submissions using any qualitative and quantitative research method, including historical, descriptive, and projective/speculative approaches.
Abstracts will be double-blind peer reviewed. Abstracts will be selected for further development as papers to be presented at the conference. Papers shall be 3000 words maximum. Further paper submission requirements will be distributed to the authors of selected abstracts.
Abstracts should arrive no later than Monday 1 April 2013. Please note the following guidelines for abstract submission:
- please use the conference abstract submission template form;
- complete both pages of the form (the abstract may continue onto a third page);
- the information on page 2 (and thereafter) should be anonymous;
- the abstract itself shall be 400 words maximum;
- save the form as a pdf file, and name the pdf with the title of the abstract;
- email the submission form to the address on our contact web page.
Keynote presentations and selected conference papers will be considered for publication after the conference in a themed journal issue or an edited volume.
01 April 2013 Abstracts due
15 May 2013 Abstract selection announced
31 July 2013 Draft papers due
30 September 2013 Paper review comments distributed